The Pastoral Residency at Christ United Fellowship brings together the best of both the seminary education and the local church experience in preparing future church leaders.
CUF desires to select seminary students with “integrity of heart and skillful hands” (Psalm 78:70-72) to participate in this program. Applications will be accepted for students in the spring prior to their final year (there are exceptions). Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to following Christ, ministry leadership ability, a heart for serving the local church, and academic excellence.
Complete the application process. Applications are to be submitted by January 31st. Virtual interviews will be scheduled in late February for those selected to continue the application process. Finalists will be scheduled for a second interview in Orlando in mid-April. Final decisions will be made and communicated by May.
Create your application document with the following details. The document should be single-spaced and not exceed five pages in length. Email the final document to Greg Hersey at CUF. We will select an applicant per calendar year. (See application deadlines below.)
- Your Name
- Spouse’s Name & Children’s Names (if applicable)
- Phone Number(s)
- Preferred Email Contact
- Current GPA in the MDiv program
- Anticipated Graduation Date from seminary
- Degree Program and Emphasis (if applicable)
- If selected as a finalist, would you be available for an interview in February? If yes, what days/times would NOT work for you?
- List your educational background.
- Tell us about any awards you have received throughout your educational experience.
- List your work experience.
- In what ways have you or are you currently demonstrating leadership?
- How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell us about your journey of faith.
- How have you been involved in your local church – past and present?
- What is something you have learned recently from the Word of God?
- What has God been teaching you lately?
- Read any good books lately? Tell us about one or two of them. (Exclude the Bible from this answer.)
- What do you like to do for fun?
- Tell us about your sense of calling. Where and how do you sense God is directing you to serve Him after graduation?